Regardless of the accuracy capability of the scale design, it is unlikely that these devices will
perform as promised if simple maintenance procedures are not strictly adhered to. The following
are some recommended maintenance checks to ensure optimum performance of your belt
- Scale Area – Debris Daily Clean scale area. Determine cause of debris and take steps to remedy
- Zero Cal Daily Perform Auto Zero. Accept and record any changes. If change is >0.25%, identify
cause and correct.
- Idler roll condition Weekly Inspect idlers for wear / damage. Replace rolls or bearings as needed
- Span Cal Perform Weekly Auto SPAN simulated load tests. Check repeatability.
- Belt Scraper Weekly Check operation, adjust or replace blades if worn
- Belt Condition Monthly Visual inspection for cuts, tears or worn edges
- Speed Pulley Monthly Inspect for wear, material build-up, belt wrap. Check bearings
- Speed Sensor Monthly Inspect coupling for tightness, wobble and corrosion